the problem with reading a good book is that you want to finish the book but you don’t want to finish the book
We wanted to share this just in case you-
What day is it?! Only the 16th anniversary of the release of the best movie ever, The Big Lebowski, Lebowski.
Book series are a wonderful thing, but the wait time between installments can be agonizing. Some authors and publishers have wised up to how impatient we’ve collectively become, and have applied the binge-watching mentality to books by rolling titles…
For all our George R.R. Martin, Jeffrey Archer, Diana Gabaldon out there…we understand. Get in touch and we can help you find some similar titles to tide you over…
And now….. ?????
So, this happened at last night’s Oscars:
Which led to this:
…and then finally this amazingness:
Travolta scoping out his next victim Becfjeslihct Cubiwoisdfch
Every other month, our book club Books on Tap, meets to talk about books in general. People come prepared to talk about their book and leave with a list of things to read.
Here are some of the books we suggested:
1. We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver (thought-provoking, deals with sociopaths)
2. Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout (complex character study)
3. Blind Man’s Bluff by Sherry Sontag (nonfiction, dramatic tales of U.S. submarine espionage)
4. The Village Bride of Beverly Hills by Kavita Daswani (delightful, plays with cultural differences)
6. The Myron Bolitar series by Harlan Coben (detective, sports-related mysteries, goofy sidekick)
7. Executive Privilege by Phillip Margolin (thriller, president is a murder suspect)
8. The First Phone Call from Heaven by Mitch Albom (thought-provoking, miraculous events)
10. In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson (narrative nonfiction, Germany on eve of Holocaust, changing perspectives)
11. The Circle by Dave Eggers (technology gone wrong, creeping sense of fear, timely)
12. Y: The Last Man by Brian K. Vaughan (post-apocalyptic gendercide, journey saga)
13. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (intelligent, refreshing)